DEDUCT METER POLICY
Revised and effective June 1, 2009
It is the intent of this policy to establish the procedures and protocol for the establishment and administration of deduct meter accounts. This policy is established by the Nantucket Water Commission and administered by the Wannacomet Water Company.
Primary Meter: The primary meter is that meter through which all water to the account flows and is measured. The primary meter is used to calculate the total water and, if applicable, wastewater charges for a defined billing period.
Deduct Meter: The deduct meter is located after the primary meter and meters water that has been measured by the Primary Meter and does not enter the municipal wastewater system. Water measured by the deduct meter is deducted from the total water measured by the Primary Meter to calculate the net sewer charge.
Policy and Procedures
- Application for deduct meter service shall be made by the property owner or their designated agent at the offices of the Wannacomet Water Company. The current application fee shall be paid in full at the time of application. The fee is applicable for deduct meters up to and including 1 inch. The fee for deduct meters larger then 1 inch shall be determined at the time of application. The Wannacomet Water Company staff shall review the application fee from time to time and make a recommendation to the Nantucket Water Commission for any changes.
- The Wannacomet Water Company shall provide the applicant with a meter setter and adapters, if required, at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the meter setter installed by or recognized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in accordance with the specifications of the Wannacomet Water Company.
- Prior to activation of the account the applicant shall notify the Wannacomet Water Company that the installation is ready for inspection. Upon inspection of the meter setter installation, and if found to be acceptable, Wannacomet Water Company staff will install the water meter and activate the account.
- Should any meter and/or its appurtenances become damaged, including any damage that may result from allowing the meter to become frozen, it shall be the responsibility of the property owner to pay for said damage. All repairs and/or replacements shall be performed by the Wannacomet Water Company. There shall be a minimum repair charge of $50.00.
- When the irrigation system is winterized by the property owner or their designee, the water meter shall be removed and drained of water and the meter placed in a secure location on the premises.
This document as a PDF file.
RELATED » Application for Deduct Meter | Current Rates