POLICY & PROCEDURE FOR DISCONNECTION OF SERVICE
Adopted by Water Commission: September 8, 1998
Effective: September 8, 1998
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines and procedures for the
disconnection of water service for the non-payment of valid charges. Said guidelines and
procedures will result in the consistent, fair and equitable disposition of overdue water
This policy shall apply to all overdue accounts meeting the following criteria:
- Any outstanding balance greater than fifty dollars $50.00 and at least two billing
- Any account that has failed to meet the obligation agreed to in a payment plan.
Method of Notification
Accounts deemed to meet the applicability standard for disconnection shall be notified
in the following manner. Said notification to take place after the review of the
applicable accounts by the Customer Service Supervisor, Business Manager, Operations
Manager and the General Manager.
- A letter shall be sent on a pink form containing the following information:
- Name and account number.
- Location of the property.
- Amount overdue.
- Shutoff date.
- Appeal procedure.
The letter shall be sent by first class mail.
- Disconnection shall take place after proper notification between the hours of 9:00 AM
and 2:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
- No disconnection shall take place the day before or after a holiday.
- Notice shall be placed in a conspicuous place describing the steps of reconnection of
Appeals of the notice of disconnection of service shall be heard by the following:
- Business Manager
- General Manager
- Board of Water Commissioners
RELATED » Application for Water Services | Current Rates
Site Map | Staff Contact List